Marshall Advanced Composites, Kirkbymoorside, North Yorkshire has an opportunity for up to 6 Apprentices to join our Operations team.
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is one of the largest independent aerospace and defence companies in the world delivering innovation and excellence in engineering, support solutions and services in the air, on land and at sea.
We specialise in the conversion, modification, maintenance and support of civil and military aircraft, defence vehicle engineering, shelter manufacture, composite solutions and the provision of personnel, training and advice to some of the world most influential Aerospace and Defence organisations.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Marshall Advanced Composites design and manufacture composite components and structures for a variety of applications in the air, at sea and on land. This is an exciting opportunity for successful candidates to be part of a dynamic manufacturing organisation. The successful candidates will have the chance to learn a range of laminating techniques required to manufacture composite products, including infusion; hand layup, and pre-preg. Apprentices will spend time in various areas within production including; marine, aerospace, paint shop / workshop and quality control to gain skills and experience in each before deciding which to specialise in as well as gaining a level 3 qualification. The role involves working in line with company procedures and at times within a clean room environment.
Main duties will include:
- Cloth Cutting, tool preparation, cloth Laminating and bagging / consolidation
- Inspection and quality control
- Following written instructions or working to drawings.
- Accurate completion of production administration.
- Being flexible in approach to work.
- Working as part of a team.
We are looking for candidates who are enthusiastic, are will willing to learn and possess:
- Good standard of mathematics, literacy and IT skills
- Good coordination and a keen eye for detail
- Ability to follow both written and verbal instructions
- Strong team work and communications skills
ABOUT THE REWARDS
Marshall ADG offers apprentices an attractive reward package. This comprises:
- Competitive pay
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Generous company pension scheme
- Healthcare plan
- An excellent flexible benefit scheme including retail, leisure and travel discounts, gym membership, childcare vouchers, discounted insurance and employee only offers from Marshall Motor Group for cars and servicing.
Closing Date: 25 June 2018
Due to the nature of our business, all employment is subject to satisfactory references being obtained, attainment of either a SC (Security Check), Disclosure Scotland Criminal Record Check or Foreign Police Check (whichever is applicable depending on duration of UK residency) and, as applicable, a medical assessment. Access to US technical data by employees requires prior Trade Control function approval. Clearance must be carried out against all applicable US export control authorisations.
In you are interested in this role please send your CV and cover email to Rachael.firstname.lastname@example.org or if you would like further information please call Rachael Roddis on 01751 432474.