NYBEP is calling on North Yorkshire Coast employers to ‘sign up’ to the Yorkshire Coast Employability Charter. Launched in 2014, The Charter is an agreement between education institutions and businesses to work in partnership, with the aim of:
- supporting every young person on the Yorkshire Coast to gain the knowledge, skills and personal qualities required to find employment and thrive in the workplace
- giving young people an entitlement to receive a range of services and support, starting at primary school, equipping them with the skills and qualities to fulfil their career potential
- benefiting businesses by helping to build a future workforce with the skills and qualities they require.
Funding support for The Charter has been allocated by North Yorkshire County Council under the banner of the Scarborough Pledge initiative. This initiative is a commitment to improve the learning outcomes and prospects all children and young people on the coast. It consists of a range of projects working across the full age range of 0 to 16 engaging both education and the wider community.
What are the benefits of the Charter for employers?
Employers are able to:
- Influence the skills, knowledge and attitudes of future employees
- Find new recruits
- Promote their company and their sector
- Have their contribution recognised though The Charter.
How does the Charter work?
There are a wide range of opportunities on offer for employers to engage with students, schools and colleges in a way that suits you. Activities range from work experience placements to sector related links with the curriculum, and from mock interviews to events and competitions. All we ask is that you take part on one activity per year.
How to get involved.
If you would like to sign up for, or find out more about how you and you company can become involved in the Charter, complete the Employer Data Form Click Here.
Once complete, please return the form, via email or post to Brianna Bratley, Business Apprentice (firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you would like to discuss The Employability Charter, or Scarborough Pledge, prior to filling in the form, please do feel free to contact Corey Derbyshire via email email@example.com.