- This event has passed.
The BIG Meet York
25th January @ 11:30 am - 1:00 pm
Are you interested in working with young people? Would you like to shape your future workforce? This year over 30,000 students will benefit from engaging with over 1500 employers through Successful Futures, why not join us?
NYBEP in partnership with the York, North Yorkshire and East Riding Local Enterprise Partnership and the Careers and Enterprise Company would like to invite you to attend one of the ‘BIG Meets’ which are taking place:
• Thursday 25th January 2018, 11:30am – 1pm, The Yorkshire Air Museum, Elvington, York, YO41 4AU with refreshments and lunch included.
• Thursday 1st February 2018, 10am – 12pm, The Spa Complex, South Bay, Scarborough, YO11 2HD with refreshments and lunch included.
The BIG Meets will bring together local employers from SMEs to multinational companies from across the area. The aim of the meeting is to provide you with the knowledge and information to help you start engaging with schools including:
• Introducing you and other employers to Successful Futures and to begin to explore how we can work together to prepare the next generation for the future.
• An overview of the national vision for schools
• Share best practice from a schools’ perspective
• Discover how employers are currently supporting schools and provide employers with an opportunity to share their vision/needs for their future workforce.
• Find out more about Inspirations (25th January) and Scarborough Science & Engineering Week (1st February) and how you can get involved.
What is Successful Futures?
Successful Futures is a Careers, STEM and Enterprise programme which aims to bring together schools and businesses through a year-round structured programme of activity designed to support young people with skills development and knowledge for the workplace; future education choices; overcome barriers to learning and inspires them to plan for and achieve a successful future. It is a blend of traded and funded activities in collaboration with the York, North Yorkshire and East Riding Local Enterprise Partnership and The Careers and Enterprise Company. Our aim is to provide employers with an easy pathway to engage with young people.
Since September 2017, 293 employers have supported 12,000 students (11-19) from 79 schools through Successful Futures.We want as many employers as possible to engage with us, and to share in the impact we can have together on young people’s lives.
To register your attendance please send your contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com and we’ll get back to you with more details nearer the time. (Please provide your name and the name of your organisation together with your email address and phone number.)
Can’t make a meeting, but want to be involved? Please contact us as above and we’ll be in touch.
We look forward to welcoming you to ‘The BIG Meet’ – in the meantime if we can provide you with further information please do not hesitate to contact us.